- Integrated misalignment catching system enabling robotic connections and disconnections in Space environment
- Fitted with SOURIAU L.I.F. contacts for low operation force and high durability (6000 operations)
- Quick Disconnect capability for inter-stage disconnection harnesses
- Thermal differential compatibility (between plug and receptacle)
- Deep space environment (Atox) compatibility
- High EMI shielding efficiency
- Arrangements and accessories from MIL-DTL-38999
- Easy inspection, maintenance or repair after wiring
Key features and benefits
The space grade 8977 robotics series have been designed to perfom robotic connections and quick release disconnections in space environment, for orbital operations or inter-stage disconnection harnesses.
8977 connectors is a greatly field proven solution.
- < 180 g for ORU plug
- < 95 g for receptacle
ORU plug misalignments
- Δα = ± 0,9° (movement around the X axis)
- Δβ = ± 0,9° (angle authorized between the panels)
- ρ = 1,95 mm (plane movement according to Y and Z requirements)
ORU receptacle overstroke
- ΔX ≥ 1,5 mm
Examples of application field
8977 space grade connectors are circular interconnect solution for robotic operations in space.