- Class 1E LOCA
- RCC-E K1 Qualified
- Shielded 8NA Junction Boxes have an integrated 360° shielding mechanism
- Multi Inputs & Outputs
Key features and benefits
The 8NA junction boxes are part of the 8NA series, a RCC-E K1 qualified nuclear grade range. Thanks to multiple inputs and outputs on the boxes, they are ideal for cabling many safety related equipment.
8NA junction boxes are supplied by SOURIAU worldwide in nuclear power plants.
They provide high shielding performance as the shell-to-shell resistance is reduced (≤ 20 mΩ) and the EMI/RFI protection is achieved over a wide frequency range. With multiple inputs and outputs, up to 14 different combinations, 8NA junction boxes are ideal for cabling optimization.
The 8NA series meets the highest radiation levels and harshest nuclear environment, complying with LOCA safety requirements. Esterline Connection Technologies - SOURIAU's range complies with the main nuclear industry standards (RCC-E and IEEE).
- Coupling nut tightening torque: 5 daN.m
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +85°C (-40 to 185°F)
- Temperature peak: +160°C (320°F)
- Radiation: 85 MRads “gamma” at 70°C (158°F)
- Seismic tests:
- OBE (Operating Basis Earthquake): 3g ZPA
- SSE (Safe Shutdown Earthquake): 6g ZPA
- Loss of Coolant Accident (LOCA):
- Temperature envelope: 156°C (313°F) max.
- Pressure envelope: 5,6 bars (81 psig) max.
- Post accidental conditions:
- 100°C (212°F) during 240 hrs
- Shielding continuity resistance between junction box and cable braid taken at the output of the cable feedthrough : - Rc < 20 mΩ
- 3 sizes available:
- A total of 14 different boxes references with inputs and outputs made of receptacles and cable clamps.
- With standard or with bonding and shielding continuity cable clamps.