- Shell: stainless steel
- Insulator and sleeve: aluminum and peek 50% glass fiber
- Central bar contact: nickel
- Tightening torque of screws: 1.4 M.DaN
- Terminal lugs: AWG #0, #00, #000
- Operating temperature: 55°C / +200°C
- Fire resistance: 1100°C during 15 minutes without flame penetration
- Salt spray: 48 h
- Sealing: Leak rate <10-6 atm.cm3/s with Delta P=1 bar (helium test)
- Operating voltage: 600 Vrms
- Insulation resistance ≥ under 500 VDC
- Current rating : 350 A
- SN236HTFWC version qualified according to the DO160 index G
Key features and benefits
The SN236 series is a fire resistant high power feedthrough ideal for engine and APU applications.
Ideally suited to withstand harsh environmental conditions, the SN236 series prevents the spread of fire due to ceramic insulators (resistance to 1100°C during 15 minutes) and demonstrate high temperature resistance (up to 200°C) as well as pressure resistance (leak rate <10-6 atm.cm3/s at 1 bar pressure difference).
The SN236 series success is due in part to high power lug terminations for aluminum and copper cables (up to 350 A at 600 Vrms) with an umbrella designed to prevent condensation that causes arching.
Compared to “feeder” solutions (receptacle + plug + 2 backshells), the SN236 series is a time-saving interconnect solution.
Custom designs can be done to adapt your specific current, contact orientation or temperature.
The SN236 latest version - SN236HTFWC - is now qualified according to the DO160 index G. This feature, unique for a power firewall connector, will significantly facilitate the qualification of your equipment.
Examples of application field
SN236 connectors are ideally suited to withstand harsh environmental conditions.